Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vanity [11.1]



Vanity

We are all so vain its interesting really how we can even function as a working society. what is it really that makes us this way we will never know but i do know that what i am saying here is very much fact. Now I realise that I am crazy when it comes to getting ready in the morning but even still. I make coffee all day and yet i wake up two whole hours before I need to leave the house just to get ready. I know i can be ready in 25... but i like to spend the other 1 hour and 35 minutes staring at my self in the mirror.

This morning as i was riding the T into the city it really caught my attention how many people there are getting on the T [which by the way for those of you who dont know its a form of public transportation] in Luis Pant Suit, Prada Boots, with a Coach Bag. Is this really necessary? or even ethical?
NO
But here I sit on the T with a woman wearing a Versacce Scarf and a Marc Jacobs RTW [brilliant pairing by the way] Skirt across the isle from me. Our world is vain. I am vain. You are vain. WE ARE VAIN!

Its interesting how we are so vain that I dont understand how our society can function as it does and yet... if we were not so vain our society would not so much as exist let alone function.
So... I guess the vain is here to stay. [secretly: im rather okay with this]


2 comments:

  1. I look forward to each new topic. You are very creative. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue to wear your Alexander McQueen with pride! Being vain can be fun. And you lood soooo good.

    ReplyDelete