Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Elixir of Life. [10.4]


If somebody were to come up to me and say "What is your elixir of life?" I would say --without missing a beat--
"Coffee!"
Coffee is something I could not and cannot live without. I drink it every morning, I drink it every afternoon, and i drink it every night. I drink it more than I drink water. -probably not the healthiest choice but oh well shit happens- I get the shakes if I go to long without my coffee.

But then I got to thinking --and we all know nothing good ever comes from Dillion thinking-- is coffee really my "elixir?"

Sure coffee is my staple but is it my elixir? and if coffee is not my elixir... WHAT IS?

an elixir to me is something that gives you the strength you need to move from one day to the next time and time again as we all do so what is it that gives me that strength?
is it hunger?
is it seeing new things?
is it fear?
is it the excitement of what lies ahead?
is it the norms we set in place for ourselves?
is it your family?
what is it?
I can honestly say that I don't know what my elixir is. It might be all of those things, it might be one of them I really don't have any idea but... it makes me curious...

WHAT'S YOURS?

2 comments:

  1. coffee, though I have had to cut down immensely. I also have a great love for tart wines... being an elixer though.. maybe not....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog you should follow mine! steviehansgen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete